Tuesday, June 30, 2009

Kesä training

Summer is always much better for the training than other seasons. My quality of training improves a lot and the volume goes up as well. That explains why my first races of the year are always a little disappointing. But now is when the fun begins.

After Switzerland I took it very easy for a week or so then began serious training again. I have also done two smaller races for training. First was our club's own Juhannus triathlon where I easily won with a strong run. Second event was last saturday in Kisko where I also easily won with a time under 2 hours for the 1500m, 45km, 10.5km event. Nice to have a 7 minute lead by the finish too, but some of that was due to the fact my coach Mika Luoto was using the event for a final tune up for Ironman Austria next weekend and really backed off the pace during the run.

Now my fitness is really coming up quickly and I will probably race Olympic distance national championships in a couple weeks for training purposes. Then see what kind of result I can get at the Jorioinen 1/2 distance nationals in three weeks. Two weeks after that is Ironman 70.3 Antwerp where I would really like to get a good result. I feel like anything is possible at this point so I will continue to push hard and maximize every possible training opportunity.


No comments: