Tuesday, December 13, 2011

Taking the plunge

The past couple of years i have been dabbling in triathlon with far less than 100% effort and focus. Most of my energy has been put into our house project and our growing family. While I have no regrets choosing this path, it has been non the less frustrating to feel i am missing a real opportunity to reach my full potential and do something special in triathlon.

This autumn i attended an itu coaching clinic to start developing a long term option to stay involved with sport and give back the knowledge I have accumulated through my experiences. During this coaching course I began to realize how little I have applied myself to triathlon and how big room for improvement I have. I spoke with one of the instructures, world renowned running and triathlon coach, Bobby McGee, and asked his opinion on my situation. Not only did Bobby encourage me to commit full-time to triathlon but he also helped to set me up with a great coach in Jesse Kropelnicki, to make it happen. www.qt2systems.com My friend John Spinney also highly recommended Jesse and put me in touch with him.

Jesse has taken a careful look through my past training and race results and constructed a strategy to reach my full potential, which he also agrees is much higher than my current level. Jesse has given me the confidence I can be competitive on the top level of endurance triathlon.

We have build a race calendar of 7-8 half distance events building toward the main goal of the Ironman 70.3 world championships in September. This is a massive commitment not only from myself but from my family and sponsors so my greatest appreciation goes to them.

In the coming days i will rollout a new website and details of this undertaking. Thanks for checking in and look back again soon to see more.

2 comments:

Ste said...

YES!

Mandie said...

Hi, I came across your site and wasn’t able to get an email address to contact you. Would you please consider adding a link to my website on your page. Please email me back.

Thanks!

Mandie Hayes
mandie.hayes10@gmail.com