Sunday, July 3, 2011

Race Update:

Its been a busy last three weeks with Forssa 1/2 marathon, Juhannus triathlon in Turku, TT national championships and Kisko triathlon. The results are starting to improve but I am feeling about 90% fit now. True race fitness is still lacking but I am quite satisfied with my base now. Swimming is a bit of joke but I can't expect much as I only started training again about a month ago.

Forssa started great with the first 1okm in 33 minutes but then legs went out and ended up with severe cramping and had to jog easy to the finish in the last 5km. A couple days later I was recovered enough to win the Juhannus triathlon, which is always a fun event as it is so short and fast. Then there was the national time trial championships, which ended up being canceled because a bad thunderstorm came through the start area after about 15 guys had started. I was one of the unlucky guys to start but I was told to stop at the 1/2 way mark. Apparently one guy got hit by lightning, so probably good they canceled the race. And finally at the Kisko triathlon I was 2nd behind Teemu Lemmettylä.

A few pictures below curtesy of my good friend Pekka from Juhannus triathlon.



No comments: