Wednesday, October 22, 2008

Training with Baywatch


Greetings from sunny Florida! At least that is what all the post cards say from here...

And sunny it is! One of the few benefits of being a professional athlete in a sport that doesn't pay, is the locations of the events. This year Florida, next year Hawaii? Perhaps... but more likely two years away.

Anyways, life and training are going very well here in Florida. Riding has really picked up now the weather is warm and sunny. Also I have been learning how to open water swim in salt water, which is a new one for me. Really tough to not choke on the strong tasting salt water.

Today I also found a perfect training group to help me with the swim preparations. Clearwater beach's own Baywatch! Ok... no Pamela Anderson to swim with, but the folks from the life guard station let me join their morning swim/run workout. I think this will be very helpful in allowing me to do a good swim during the race. Perhaps you can see from the picture above which is me? Just look for the little bit different colored one...

In other news... I finally lost my big toe nail! It's been falling off since my race in Antwerp and today if finally went all the way. It's my first lost toe nail so I must be a real runner/triathlete now. Hopefully this is also my last as it is pretty disguesting now.

More coming soon...

-Darby

1 comment:

Ste said...

Great news D! See you soon!