Sunday, September 14, 2008

2nd PR in one week!

Half Marathon PR at the Ruisalo Juoksu!

In less than one week I have managed to do two personal records in two different distances for running. It has been about four weeks since I started serious run training and obviously the benefits have been paying off quickly.

Last weekend I made my PR in the 5km distance with a time of 15:34 and now this weekend I have improved my 1/2 marathon to 1.12:43. While the improvement is only 16 seconds from my previous best, the course this weekend was significantly more difficult with lots of hills and soft dirt paths. Perfect training for my goals later this season and it also shows my running is improving to where it should be.

Next up is a little recovery for my sore legs and while I focus on swim training.

More PRs to come soon...

- Darby

No comments: