Wednesday, November 5, 2008

Election Day

Today is a big day... my daughter's 4 month birthday, and of course the presidential election in the United States of America.

Having been in Florida for three weeks now and we have been watching a constant stream of political news almost every minute of everyday. At times it has made me sick but over the course it has become clear how important this election has become.

After 8 years of being slightly embarrassed to say I am an American, today I am proud to say that America has turned a corner and is beginning to move in a positive direction. While I have much respect for McCain and everything he has done for the US, Obama represents a needed change in the direction of the US.

Sitting here now watching Obama give his victory speech is something I will remember the rest of my life. I hope the rest of the world sees the significance of what happened today.

After I recover from today I will get back to writing about my preparations for world championships.

All the best,

Darby

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Great day for all of us, I think! Keep us posted about your quest with the preparations!